An Inordinate Mind

Modern day philosopher Anthony J. Topper ponders the nature of the universe.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Life not a track meet. It's a marathon

I love that Ice Cube lyric. It's so true. It boils well into the stew I've been cooking in my brain. I am trying hard to steer myself away from being ingrained with the all the instant gratification in today's society. I think it's destroying peoples patience; I know it's hurt mine. Sometimes you have to work hard at something for it to pay off. I need to look at the big picture and long-term goals more.

Building something great takes time, patience, perserverence, focus, and many times repeating steps over and over again. Too many people expect things too quickly and give up too soon. Most really good things don't happen naturally. They take hard work and commitment. When I say really good things I mean things that our psychies appreciate most.