An Inordinate Mind

Modern day philosopher Anthony J. Topper ponders the nature of the universe.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Sleep, Sun, Sweat

Lately I've been spending a lot of time with myself. Not sure exactly how I feel about this. I'm not the basketball playing type but recently I bought one, a basketball. I've gone to the court down the street and shot around by myself. I need to get some sun I tell myself. I really need to get some exercise.

So I did that today. Then afterward I drove off to Pinchot Park where I jumped into the lake. You're allowed to. There is a swimming area. It was nice being in the water even if it was mucky lake water. Probably full of wonderful bacteria and such. I couldn't help but think that going to the lake and swimming by yourself should feel strange. It didn't though for some reason. I rather enjoyed it.

I drove home with my shirt off and my shades on. I donned my recently purchased wicker cowboy hat. I felt sly in this situation. Crusing down the road well above the speed limit and not having shaved for long enough to look it were in combination. This added to my sly feeling as well.

I think we all need that some times . . . now I just need to get to sleep.