An Inordinate Mind

Modern day philosopher Anthony J. Topper ponders the nature of the universe.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Liberate this will to release us all

We live in a society that too often beleives that being socially abnormal is some type of sickness. That if your ideas some how fall outside of what everyone else believes, well then, you must be mental.

We also live in a society whose most renound weekly magazine (Time) named Hitler man of the year in 1938.

We also live in a society where at the same time Hitler was gasing jews by the millions we were driving ice picks into people's brains and calling psychosugery.

I think people are usually followers of whatever they want to believe and rarely question or consider the possibility that they may be wrong. Too often in this life I find my self frustrated by how ignorant the 'educated' seem to me. People are so unconscious. I am so unconscious.

Am I jaded? How do you balance the need to progress yourself with the need to view what's around you truly? Then in turn make positive steps in your own life to propagate to the rest of the world.

Maybe the answer is simple . . .