An Inordinate Mind

Modern day philosopher Anthony J. Topper ponders the nature of the universe.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Battling My Demons

It is high time to awake out of sleep.

Pride: When I did a search on google for '"battling pride"' nearly all the results where related to scripture in the Bible. There were 331 results for this search. After gathering some wisdom from these results I took a different angle in my search and typed in the word 'humility'. 15,700,000 results appeared. I quickly found an article containing a list of 'Twelve Ways To Humble Yourself'. I adsorbed this list and continued on.

I am making a list that I can pratically apply:
1. Learn to know your wrong doings and talk to other people about them
2. Respond to other peoples accusations with patients
3. Don't seek out being honored; be modest; don't flaunt your good traits
4. Compliment the people around you
5. Refrain from gossip

Then I went to blogsearch.google.com and searched for 'humility'. Sticking mostly to myspace blogs for familiarity sake.

I left the following comment or a variation of on a couple peoples pages:

"Hey, I was blog searching for the word 'humility' and came accross your blog. I've been working on battling pride and have found myself needing some humility.

I am making a list that I can pratically apply. Here's what I got so far:
1. Learn to know your wrong doings and talk to other people about them
2. Respond to other peoples accusations with patients
3. Don't seek out being honored; be modest; don't flaunt your good traits
4. Compliment the people around you
5. Refrain from gossip

If you have anything to off send me a message."

We'll see what comes back.