An Inordinate Mind

Modern day philosopher Anthony J. Topper ponders the nature of the universe.

Monday, October 10, 2005

The Swirl of Thoughts

Often my mind races so fast my actions can't come close to keeping up with it. The motivation I get from the swirl of thoughts is short lived, killed out each time a new batch comes flooding in.

Many times I feel I am drowning in needed action. I need to send this in the mail. I need to go to the grocery store. I need to mop the kitchen floor.

Do you ever feel like you're just being held in a state of maintainance? I do.

One of the best feelings is that of acomplishment and progress. I don't know how much longer I can continue on on my own though. It's like that Beatles' song that goes, "I get by with a little help from my friends."

I can't imagine just 'getting by' though. I get by just fine by myself. What I'd like to do is acomplish something with a little help from my friends; that certainly wouldn't be as catchy in a song though.

Spending a good deal of time alone and being sick for three weeks has taken a toll on me mentally. Going to the doctors is like anathema to me. I am getting better. I think this sickness will be beat soon.

Over the weekend

Over the weekend I hung out with my co-worker Mike for a little on Friday. Went to a party at one of his buddy's apartment. It was a bit of a dude fest but it got me out of the house for a little bit.

Saturday was Gordy's birthday party, which was fun. Hung out with Jess on Saturday night for a little bit.

On Sunday I just relaxed all day.