An Inordinate Mind

Modern day philosopher Anthony J. Topper ponders the nature of the universe.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Internet Flame Wars and the Illusions Caused by Drunken Viral Memes

They say 'loose lips sinks ships'. I've been trying to be more tight lipped myself lately. Infer what you like from that. Controversy and animosity are part of the human experience. I think there is something special about someone who can resolve conflict.

It's been said 'blessed is the peacemaker'. We've all been guilty of causing trouble at some point. In moments of emotion it's easy to spew forth things and not realize their effect. I like to see people get along regardless of their differences. More and more, I am finding that for most people it's hard to escape the tendency that difference means disapproval.

I am just kind of spewing forth thought here right now. I guess I shouldn't be so vague but that's the best way to walk on glass.

I like being surrounded by people; it's nice to have companionship.

Let's not lose sight of this. I don't like judging people. I've never felt right doing it. Judge yourself first, then maybe think about judging other people; that's what I think.

I'm twenty-six-years-old and just starting to understand how flawed I am. At the same time though I maintain a certain level of self confidence that allows me to function higher than your typical joe; I think so anyway.

Everyone is flawed. Nobody always makes the best decisions. Just because you hold someone in high regard doesn't mean that you must always have to agree with their course of action.

Harsh words breed more harsh words, while 'a soft answer turns away wrath'. I don't like wrath so I try to answer things softly.

With regards to drinking too much alcohol, 'it's not what goes in our mouths that defiles us but what comes out' I am not talking about vomitting here people.