An Inordinate Mind

Modern day philosopher Anthony J. Topper ponders the nature of the universe.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Speeding ticket

Ok, so I went to the Magistrate's office to take care of my speeding ticket. It turns out I'll be getting 5 points on my license. It seems that I was charged with excessive speeding which is different than regular speeding. Wonderful. I also have to attend a hearing. The hearing is a review of my driving record and a determination of whether or not I will recieve none, some, or all of the following: 15 day license suspention, on-road driving test. How neat.

So, I have driven on 83 several times since I got my ticket. Now, of course, I go about 70, which is 5 mph over the speed limit. Of course I get passed by 95% of the cars on the road. Don't get me wrong I deserved a ticket, not really thinking I deserve the other options. And the inconvience of the stuff above is just kind of annoying.