An Inordinate Mind

Modern day philosopher Anthony J. Topper ponders the nature of the universe.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Weekend Roundup

Friday: Nick and I went out hopping from bar to bar in the downtown York Area. We actually didn't drink at all because every place we went wasn't very inspiring to have a good time.

After losing interest in this vein of activity entirely we decided we'd just cruise around in my car. Being that my car works for this kind of activity it ended up being somewhat interesting. I never really 'cruised the circuit' so to say, so the freshness of the experience probably made it more interesting than it really was.

After two times around I got bored. Gas isn't cheap these days, so the car was directed east in hopes of hitting Banana Max for a late night cocktail.

On the way, however, we encounter a car load of 'pretty girls'. Our cars exchanged smiles. After a few blocks of fooling around with them we hit a stop light. The girls' car, a second generation MX-6, started revving it's engine. I debated a nice little street race but I was thinking it would be more fun to follow them and possibly say hello. They got in front of us and flashed their four-ways. A signal of 'you have been defeated.'

My roommate and car passenger provoked me to accept the fact that they really did want to race me. At the next stop light it was on. They got off to a better start but once my Prelude got to third gear the race was easily won.

We followed the car a few blocks and it pulled into a parking lot. We chatted with the girls for a few minutes, then they invited us in. We ended up staying till about 3:30 am and then rolled home for the evening.

Saturday: Now I am not really a big drinker, but Saturday ended up being one of those days when I drank more than I should have.

Leah, an online buddy of mine, that I had never met in person prior, invited me over to a little shindig she was having. Several games of beer pong later and a two shots of Tattoo and I was drunk. I don't like getting drunk, but it happened, so what are you going to do. The night was fun.